Last updated: January 31, 2022
- Visitors to our websites at https://uniti.com and its associated website pages (“Websites”);
- Uniti’s suppliers, vendors and advisors
- Uniti’s past, existing, and future customers;
- Visitors to Uniti’s offices; and
- Authors of publicly available research material.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In Short: We may collect and store personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you, and that may be relevant to providing you with services or products.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Websites or otherwise interacting with us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Websites, the choices you make and the products and features you use. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate. You must notify us of any changes to such personal information. If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the services you, or they, are seeking. If you provide us with information about another person, you confirm that you have obtained their consent to the processing of their personal data by us (or are otherwise legally entitled to provide us with that information) and that you have informed them of our identity, the purposes for which their personal data will be processed and their rights (as set out in this Privacy Notice), as well as where they can obtain a copy of this Privacy Notice.
1. WEBSITE VISITORS
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Websites, where they come from, and what content on our Websites is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Websites to our visitors, and to maintain Website operations and security. We also process this information to help us improve or expand service delivery, marketing, and other business-related purposes. Some of this information may be collected using “cookies” and similar tracking technology, as explained further below.
2. PROSPECTIVE CUSTOMERS
If you or your organization is a prospective customer (who may also use our Websites), the personal information that we may collect about you falls broadly into the following categories:
A. Information that you provide voluntarily. Certain parts of our Websites may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, to submit an enquiry about our products and services, or to request a quote; to subscribe to marketing communications from us and/or to submit enquiries to us. We will use this information to communicate with your organization about our Websites, products and services, to send you offers, for our other legitimate interests or those of a third party, or to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject, for example to investigate and help prevent unlawful or potentially unlawful activity. We may also gather information from our prospective customers through offline communications, such as in-person meetings and phone calls, or corporate/industry events.
Calls with Uniti’s sales, customer service and other Uniti departments may be recorded to gather information to improve our customer service. However, if you would prefer that your call was not recorded, you can opt out by stating this, or by hanging up.
In general, the personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point that we ask you to provide your personal information; however, it may include: your full name, company, work email address, work phone number, country; and in relation to your employer, your industry, revenue, number of employees and purchasing timeframe.
B. Information that we collect automatically. If you use our Websites to enquire about our products and services, or otherwise interact with us via a digital device, we may collect that information described more clearly in the “Website Visitors” section, above. We use this information to help us analyze how you use our Website and services and to better match your experience with our Websites and services to your organization’s interests. In addition, we may also collect information about your viewing of our emails (for example, information about whether or not you have opened the email), so we can understand the success of our email campaigns and improve our marketing.
C. Information that we obtain from third party sources. From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources (including third party websites, data brokers or credit reference agencies). Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information; marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links). The types of information we collect from third parties include biographical information about you and your job role or marketing information; and we use the information we receive from these third parties to help us market our products and services to you, or otherwise develop and improve our products and services.
3. EXISTING CUSTOMERS
If you or your organization is a current customer (who may also use our Websites), we may already have collected information about you when your organization was a prospective customer and we will continue to use this information in accordance with our data retention policies. In addition, where your organization is a current Uniti customer, the further types of personal information that we may collect about you falls broadly into the following categories:
Information that you provide voluntarily. Once your organization has entered into an agreement with Uniti, we will collect and maintain information about that agreement, including your organizations’ payment information and information about its transactions. We also collect information to enable us to manage and deliver our services, support and training, for example, but not limited to:
- Username and password for your organization’s account when you register to use any Uniti services that may utilize online account access or an online portal;
- Additional personal information relating to you or your organization, including your name, address, email address, telephone number and/or payment account details during account registration, payment processing, or that may be used during emergency services registration;
- Information relating to your (and your organization’s) use of our services, including the phone numbers you dial or provide to our services, service set-up information, service configurations and settings, recorded calls, messages, and meetings, voicemails, incoming and outgoing faxes, user-saved or stored content shared among users, email and text communications, Call Records Data, and contact center customer information you provide to us;
- Personal data relating to you and/or your organization in the context of any reseller/distribution program including your name, address, email address and telephone number; and
- Other information you choose to provide to us, for example the purpose of your visit if you visit one of our site locations or any feedback you provide to us in relation to your use of our Websites or services.
We will use this information to process your organization’s payments, and to provide your organization with the information, products or services that it has requested from us; to respond to your enquiries and requests; to enable your organization to register on our Websites; to administer records about your organization’s account; quality control of and to improve our Websites and services; to provide you and your organization with marketing and other communications about our products and services (where permitted by law); and for the purpose of general business or contract relationship management within Uniti, including auditing the use of our services and establishing, exercising or defending any legal claims against us.
We may also use your personal information for our other legitimate business interests, including providing training and support; to manage any queries, complaints or claims relating to the services that Uniti provides to your organization; for entertainment purposes (e.g. to invite you to events) and to facilitate ongoing relationships; and for investigating and helping to prevent unlawful or potentially unlawful activity that threatens either Uniti, any company affiliated with Uniti, or any of our respective customers.
Calls with Uniti’s sales, customer service and other Uniti departments may be recorded to gather information to improve our customer service. However, we will let you know if your call is being recorded before we do so if you would prefer that your call was not recorded, you can opt out by stating this, or by hanging up. Information that we obtain from third party sources. From time to time, to protect your payment account from use without your consent, we may validate your name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases, such as Credit Reference Agency databases. We may also use your personal information in combination with information we receive about other individuals for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
4. SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, AND BUSINESS ADVISORS
If you are an employee of a supplier or business advisor, we may process the following personal information about you:
- Identification data – such as your name, date of birth;
- Contact details – such as business address, telephone/business email address;
- Professional details – such as job title/position, affiliated organization, office location;
- Financial characteristics – such as your or your organization’s account number and bank details;
- National identifiers – such as tax ID of your organization;
- Information relating to your transactional history with us;
- Other information you choose to provide to us, for example the purpose of your visit if you visit one of our locations.
We may collect and use personal information about you and/or your organization for the following purposes:
- For the purpose of general business relationship management within Uniti;
- To manage our daily business activities, such as executing payments and obtaining the goods, advice or services that we have purchased from your organization;
- For entertainment purposes (e.g. to invite you to events) and to facilitate ongoing relationships with your organization;
- To manage any queries, complaints or claims relating to the services your organization provides to Uniti;
- For product development purposes, to allow us to improve our products and services or develop new products and services;
- Where necessary to comply with laws and regulations, under judicial authorization, or to exercise or defend the legal rights of Uniti;
- To help us conduct our business more effectively and efficiently or check and improve the quality of our products and/or services;
- To carry out research and development with various Uniti Group Entities;
- To investigate violations of law or breaches of other Uniti policies.
We may also collect personal information from you when you use our Websites per the policies set forth above under “Website Visitors.”
5. VISITORS TO OUR OFFICES
When you visit one of our offices, you will be asked to provide your name and the name of your company to us. We collect this information for our legitimate business interests, including administrative, security, notification and related purposes.
6. AUTHORS OF PUBLICLY AVAILABLE RESEARCH MATERIAL
Uniti carries out research for our legitimate business interests, more specifically to improve our business and technology. In order to do this, we sometimes use publicly available research material. If you are the author of this material then we will collect and process information about you related to your research material such as your name, title, organization and relevant qualifications.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Websites for a variety of business purposes. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below. We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS ” section below).
- Deliver targeted advertising to you for our Business Purposes. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Request Feedback for our Business Purposes. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites, products, services, marketing and your experience. We also may use your information to enforce our terms, conditions and policies.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations. We may share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Regulatory Reporting. Uniti is required to file numerous reports with different administrative bodies. As such, Uniti may provide aggregate statistics about customers, sales and traffic patterns to governmental and quasigovernmental entities. None of these reports or statistics will include personally identifiable information. However, Uniti reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information upon the request by a governmental or quasi-governmental entity as a function of regulatory compliance reporting.
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud or other violations of applicable law, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
6. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, we cannot guarantee that our measures are 100% secure. Although we will undertake reasonable measures to protect your personal information, by interacting with our Websites or otherwise interacting with us, you assume the risk that the transmission of such personal information is not secure. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
7. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age. Children are not eligible to use Uniti’s website and services, and we ask that minors (under age eighteen) not submit personal information to us. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from an individual under the age of eighteen, we will delete this information from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from any person under the age of eighteen, please contact us immediately at https://uniti.com/contact or via e-mail at email@example.com, providing a description of such information, where it can be located in Uniti’s Websites or other relevant databases, and contact information for the person(s) making such a submission. For any e-mail communication, please use the subject line “Privacy.”
8. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes. If you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below. If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Websites, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Websites. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Websites, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
9. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
10. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact us online or by post to:
Uniti Group Inc.
2101 Riverfront Drive
Little Rock, Arkansas 72202