Uniti Group Inc. ("Uniti") is searching for a Staff Accountant in our Little Rock, Arkansas office. The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing a variety of general accounting support tasks such as verifying the accuracy of accounting documents, maintaining accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions, and entering data into accounting systems. The Staff Accountant reconciles records with internal company employees, external vendors, and/or customers. The Staff Accountant is familiar with standard accounting concepts, practices and procedures, and is able to apply these on a daily basis to ensure accurate and detailed reports for assigned responsibilities. This position acts as a business partner for other departments and management.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Fixed asset accounting including monthly asset additions, retirements, depreciation entries, and reconciliations and balance roll forward
- Vendor management for Corporate and affiliated companies
- CLEC revenue recording
- Creates accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Identifies potential risks and participates in internal audits.
- Updates account information as needed.
- Cooperates with internal teams and external account holders for accurate and timely processing of billing and payment activities.
- Assists with ad-hoc assignments and projects.
- Follows standards to assure conformity with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Continuously looks for ways to improve processes and business practices. Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates seeking to join Uniti are motivated individuals with exceptional organizational skills, an ability to multitask, attention to detail, and effective communication skills – both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and ample self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Uniti is open to candidates with diverse backgrounds and the ideal candidate will have:
- BS/BA in business administration, finance, accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of experience in finance, accounting, or equivalent.
- Proven ability to apply and document GAAP for public companies
- Property accounting experience is preferred.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, ability to learn organization’s databases, and other software as needed.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and use good use of judgment in making independent decisions with a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
Interested in a career with us?
Send us your resume and we will get back to you.
Uniti offers a competitive salary along with exceptional benefit and time off incentives.
Uniti Group Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Uniti Group Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.